Patients often wonder what’s involved in getting a dental implant. That’s understandable as an implant is one of the most invasive forms of dentistry.
The timeline for any tooth implant in our Glasgow practice works like this:
- First you have a full consultation. This is often free of charge
- We take X-rays of your mouth and possibly a scan to get a clear picture of your needs
- Once we’ve got all of that information we will take impressions of your mouth
- The appointment for your dental implant might be 6-8 weeks after the tooth comes out to make sure any infection has settled and the area has healed well
- We prepare a cavity in the bone and then attach the implant. This is a hollow screw with an external thread which engages with the bone
- It also has an internal thread into which we can put a post
- We then can add a crown, bridge or even a dentures to your implant
- The full treatment time for dental implants is usually five to six months
A great review just came in from Stuart, who just finished a six month implant treatment in Glasgow. He was delighted with the results.
From start to finish Brendan and his staff were professional, friendly and kept me well informed throughout the whole procedure, Brendan even took time out to try and resolve another health issue i was dealing with at that time. So it’s with no hesitation i award a five star rating to Brendan and his team
He concludes with a message for:
anyone who’s contemplating implant surgery but not really sure what to expect like I was, then I would highly recommend Appletree Dental Care.